The overall purpose of the Mutual Elementary School PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Our PTA follows By-Laws that provide direction and guidance for how we operate. They are required to be reviewed and approved every three years by the Maryland PTA.
Mutual Elementary School PTA Values
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
MES PTA, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in MES PTA, Inc. is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.